What Is A White Witch? 15 Signs You Are A White Witch

This article is re-printed here with permission by Insight State’s Editorial, originally written September 7, 2019.

White witches do not cast spells to do selfish things for themselves which would involve intentional harm to others. Rather, white witches are those who practice benevolence and goodness in all they do.

List Of 15 Signs You Are A White Witch:

#1 You Are Opening Up To Your Spiritual Powers

You feel you have psychic powers, your hands offer relief to others in the form of hands-on energy healing, your ‘clairs’ are opening, you often think of someone and find the person gets in touch, you manifest what you were thinking of, and you ‘know’ things intuitively.

All these signs show that you can be a white witch.

#2 You Have Ancestors Who Were Medical Herbalists Or Healers

Many cultures believe that the gift of being a white witch is inherited and can only be passed down through several generations.

Of course, in today’s world, it’s almost impossible to know whether any of our ancestors were healers as our recent ancestors, much like ourselves, never claimed and cultivated this white witch gift.

#3 You Feel Called To Help Others

Fueled by compassion, you often find yourself offering to serve others.

From helping with a task at hand or offering a shoulder to lean on, you are a sincere helper. Occasionally, you may even be too quick to put other people’s needs before your own, however, it is always driven by the impulse to serve and give love.

Actually, for you, simply coming to this Earth and living life is not your goal. You want to help create a positive change in global consciousness which is in fact what the whole world needs.

#4 You Are An Introvert

White witches are multi-dimensional beings, so if you’re of the white witch archetype, you may have a hard time navigating the 3D realms, that may cause you to withdraw into yourself so you can visit the realms of consciousness where you feel most at home.

#5 Your Energy Is Positive

Your body/mind/soul energy is positive. When trouble looms, or you feel blue, or it’s a terrible day, you see beyond that.

Moreover, you understand that we must experience negatives in order to appreciate positives. Maybe you feel down or sad sometimes, like everyone else, nevertheless, it just never leaves you permanently marked.

#6 You Have Vivid Dreams

Some dreams will give you ideas about what may possibly happen.

You think that whenever you do this, this is a coincidence, however, it is because you can access information from your spiritual guides much easier than others.

#7 You Hear Voices

You hear voices and whispers, but there is no physical source.

You’ve ruled out mental disorders, therefore, it’s likely that you have clear hearing (clairaudience) abilities.

Note – it is up to you whether you develop this ability further by delivering the messages to those they are intended for, or whether you shut-down this ability.

#8 You Sense That You’re Meant To Participate In The Global Shift In Consciousness Which Is Currently Underway

We can all feel it, this impending shift that many spiritual teachers have talked about for decades.

But white witches don’t just feel it, they feel it pulling them, like a magnet, towards leadership positions which help facilitate this transformation of human consciousness.

#9 You Feel A Strong Connection To Nature

White witches understand “the web of life” – that everything on the physical plane is deeply interconnected through the web of Spirit.

Nothing embodies this understanding better than nature, how it nurtures us, and how we nurture it in a mutually dependent relationship.

#10 You Capture People’s Vibes Instantly

White witches tend to have levels of empathy which are much higher than the average person.

Note – the term ”empathy” refers to the ability or capacity to imagine oneself in the situation of another, experiencing the opinions, ideas, and emotions of that person.

When they are with people, even if they do not read their facial expressions or know them very well, they can still determine what vibes they are letting out or how this individual feels.

That is why you might find it incredibly daunting to hang out with individuals who tend to dramatize every event, or who are constantly sad.

#11 You Have A Well-Developed Intuition

Intuition is also known as a strong hunch or gut feelings. Your body, everyone’s body, is actually an antenna.

It is sensitive to energy. Every individual can tune into their intuition, however, most people choose to ignore it.

You don’t make decisions logically, although you do consider that your way is logical. You have learned that your intuition has guided you well throughout your life.

Tip – to test out your intuition, next time you have to make a decision, place your hand on your solar plexus (found in the pit of the stomach) and become aware of the feeling in your body when you consider each choice laid before you.

#12 You Have Had A Mystical Experience

Have you had an NDE (near-death experience)?

Perhaps you have experienced something which you cannot explain, possibly miraculous healing. If you answer yes, then most likely you have cured yourself first.

Upon healing yourself, you emerge from your unwellness with a better ability to cure others.

#13 You Feel You Must Give Something Back To The World

From an early age, you have felt the need to give to humanity, especially to those in need.

Others come to you for advice and you are the one who is always there to help.

Occasionally you lose your own sense of self in this giving process and are looking to find balance, to find yourself within your calling.

#14 You Are Content With Alone Time

While many people constantly need to be surrounded by other humans or crave attention, you are happy to have time by yourself.

You love people, but you are content spending time alone. As a matter of fact, this solo time is what typically “recharges” you as it gives you space to connect more deeply with your inner world.

#15 You Are Self-Aware

White witches are not only aware of their emotions, but also their actions and thoughts, and how those things affect both the people around them as well as their outlook on life.

© Copyright 2020 INSIGHT STATE.

16 replies
  1. Gem Wiles
    Gem Wiles says:

I’m definitely a white witch and have experienced all the above, even an out of body experience! I also love nature and Myself time and I also pick up on people’s vibes!
    I have some really weird dreams! Some have actually come true!
    Apparently this runs in the female side of our family, my great Nan was a healer and could see Ghosts! Hope you find this interesting?
    Gem Xx 😊

2. Violet
    Violet says:

I’d like to get involved in becoming a white witch, I need to practice feeling energies from other people. I strongly believe in the Supernatural paranormal phenomena.

3. Ronda
    Ronda says:

All of this make complete sense to me my grand mother is a witch and my mother was a healer I can read ppl from a mile away and I’m also a healer and I never knew exactly how I got these powers but always knew about my grandmother being a witch she has always openly told me she is. I have really vivid dreams like I dreamed that my brother got shot and died and I told him and he asked me why did I tell him that and at the time I felt like I could save him from it happening but no it happened so o felt like if I told my dreams they would come true. I had another dream of my daddy getting shot in the head I keep it to myself but I came to realize that the dream was telling me that he was sick and going to pass and for me to be prepared. Ppl always ask me if I’m a witch I guess I am I was born into this craft 100%.

4. Jadene
    Jadene says:

I need some more understanding of myself. When I was a child I was able to see peoples auras. My mother always used to tell me that I would tell her I could see different colours surrounding them. I don’t see them anymore and I can’t remember at what age it stopped. From a very young age I’ve been able to see the dead, I still do now and I’m 26. Wherever I go I can feel the departed and I can feel the good/bad vibes of these spiritual beings when I enter another persons home. Sometimes they appear to me as a sort of mist/smoke and other times there as clear as another human being. I have a very strong intuition, 9 times out of 10 my gut feelings are right. When people I love and are close to have passed in the middle of the night I have been restless and have a terrible gut feeling before knowing of their passing. I’ve had countless dreams where they’ve turned out true or have happened at a later date. There’s so many things I’ve experienced throughout my life and I just need some understanding of what I might be? Any advice or feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Shelley
      Shelley says:

Hi! I could relate to your post! I work in board & care homes , doing hair. There are time that I will come to do a haircut in a client and I feel that it will be the last time that I will see them ! It is very apparent to me! I feel sad, but do my best job and then send photos to their family. Love my work, but that is the down side. I am a White Witch as I have been told by a very powerful and insightful man I spent 7 years with. Thank you for your post! Shelley

5. ricah
    ricah says:

hi, i also feel the points mentioned above. my ancestors were part of healers group.They also helped people from bad ghost,diseases etc.I have power of touch and voice.This is what people say that no matter how bad/in pain they are, they instantly feel good when they meet me, talk to me. Also when i see someone suffering from pain , i get visions of herbs to help, i am not a doctor , but i can tell the cure by looking at person and listening to his/her voice etc

6. Anaiah
    Anaiah says:

Yeah, these all apply to me, especially the NDE one, it still scares me and now I have Thalasaphobia (a fear of deep waters) I also looove nature and alone time, like reading a book under a tree is the best. I also love to be friends with everyone, like the staff at my new school I’m trying to get to know them. I was bored so I looked this up, but now I think I could be a white which. Cool

7. AMANDA T.
    AMANDA T. says:

All of these describe me! Plus my grandmother was a medicine woman. I have found it to be increasingly draining to be around people especially if I touch someone I can feel what they are feeling! I don’t know where to begin to strengthen my gift. I just recently told my husband of 16yrs that I felt as if I was a witch he told me he already figured I was and is supportive of me strengthening it. It is so taboo in society!

8. Amari
    Amari says:

All the points made in this article have applied to me. Since I was 7 years old, I have been seeing shadow figures appear in my room. I’m 19 now and I can control when I want to see them. I subconsciously communicated with my great grandmother, whom had passed when I was 3, in a dream when I was 11. Since then I often know when a loved one is going to die because I’ll dream of them then they’ll be gone the following week. My ability to sense energy is, so strong that I’ll already know what kind of people to avoid in public places, parties, or family related events. I can also sense when someone is wishing bad on me because I’ll see a shadow figure following me. Usually, whenever something bad is about to happen, I’ll hear someone calling my name but no one would be there. When I’m deeply connected with a friend, partner, or family member I know when something is wrong with them even when they don’t tell me. Also whenever I was 9 I slipped into a coma whenever I was really ill but I woke up after two days. My out of body experience was so vivid I saw myself sleeping then I began to wonder around, but i fell into darkness. The screams of agony and pain were so excruciating I woke up. I can also control my thoughts and emotions around other witches. My ex boyfriends mom is a witch and she hated me. I don’t know if she was intimidated by me or if it was because she could never manipulate me, but I think she knew I was a witch. I told her about my dreams of death and she became wide eyed and she never tried getting close with me. She also hated she could never sense what/how I was feeling. So she didn’t “approve” of my relationship with her son. I don’t know any of my ancestry, but I know there’s no possible way I’m capable of doing these things by nature so I looked into it and I did some digging and found my way here.

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!