I’m back with the fourth tool inside #30daystorise.
This month-long experience was created to arm you with the knowledge and skills necessary to become the industry leader and dominant force you say you want to be as a woman entrepreneur.
Today’s tool comes down to one thing: The truth is you know how to lead, you are an expert and your bullshit fear is holding you back.
Now let’s get into it. Here’s the difference between a poser and a leader…
Tool #4: Walk your talk
For every 100 self-proclaimed leaders in this industry, 98 are full of shit.
They preach one way to live, but do not actually practice it in their day-to-day lives. In essence, they tell you to do a bunch of shit they don’t do.
If you’re going to be a true leader, instead of a preacher, your edge must come from leading first by example.
This doesn’t mean you’re perfect. No one is, and pretending to be perfect is the antithesis of what I’m talking about.
Your ability to be a flawed human who still tries to improve every day – and who chooses to show that publicly – makes the difference. That gives you an edge. Because precious few are willing or able to pull that off.
The buzzwords here are authenticity and commitment.
Let’s face it: In a world where everyone pretends to be someone they aren’t in order to fit in, it can be fucking exhausting to actually choose to be yourself and feel good about it.
Your commitment to excellence, your standards, your relentless drive toward being better than you were yesterday has to be tangible. Raw and real.
You have to be a living, breathing example of what you stand for.
This is what sets you apart.
And people feel, see, and sense it when they are around you.
How to know if you have this tool:
- How closely do you monitor your emotions and habits for patterns that don’t serve you as a leader?
- How often do you coach yourself? Are you choosing thoughts and feelings that inspire you to take action toward your vision?
- Do you set daily intentions?
How to implement this tool:
- Spend at least one hour per day on yourself. What’s your morning and/or evening mindset routine? Where’s the commitment to improving?
- Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses regularly. Call yourself on your own shit. (Self-judgement and self-doubt are weaknesses. I’ll be talking about this on today’s live stream.)
- Decide what you intend, your vision or dream. And then choose – moment to moment – to be the woman who has those things NOW. How would she handle this? What does she focus on each day?
Feel the pressure of being leader? It’s real.
Leadership is not always glamorous and sexy. It comes to people who do the work and align to the goal.
You want followers? Give them something – BE someone – to follow.
Start by being yourself and then consistently evaluate. It’s hard to trust (even respect) people who are full of shit.
Luckily, you know better.
Inside GAME-CHANGER, my new three-month program, I give you the blueprint for how to live like a true leader: The woman with the highest standards, best practices and bulletproof mindset, who gets results on her terms.
Because once you master yourself, and commit to showing up as you 100% of the time, you can’t lose.
We start April 8. Go check it out.
P.S. Game-Changer will show you how to release excuses, build sustainable habits to take ownership of your life, your business, your money and much more. Plus I’ll show you how to master your mindset, maximize flow and performance and FEEL LIKE A FUCKING BOSS. Seats are limited and there is an application process.