For millennia, humans have been dipping dried mullein stalks in beeswax and using the resulting torches as a source of light and for use in ritual and ceremony.
These mullein stalks, Hecate Torches, are hand-harvest in New Hampshire. The beeswax is raw and unfiltered and comes from a local beekeeper who has been lovingly caring for her bees for decades.
Each stalk is dressed with organic herbs either grown here or organically cultivated on small family farms.
When burned, these torches are a tool for:
- banishing negative spiritual vibrations
- connecting with ancestors
- summoning spirits and supporting communication with the dead
- promoting psychic awareness and intuition
- purifying the air within your sacred space
- thinning the veil between worlds
- listing is for one (1) torch, size of your choice
- each torch burns approximately 7 minutes per inch
- best to burn entirely once lit, but you may safely dip in water to extinguish and cut the stalk to save for multiple uses
- torches produce little to no smoke and do not disintegrate when burning (very little ash)
- DO NOT leave a lit torch unattended
Small, 6 inches – $15
Large, 10 inches – $25
To use, set one in an old wine or beer bottle, or a candleholder. The flame is usually quite high (up to 6 inches or more), so please burn outside.
Light with intention. These torches will not blow out in the wind. In ceremony, these are used to thin the veil between worlds to connect with spirits, and to banish and protect.
May these torches shine light in dark places and support you as you unearth and heal within.
Mullein has been used for hundreds of years for protection, consecration and boosting spells. The ashes are also incredibly sacred and should be disposed of with care, or used in ceremony or to create black salt.
NOTE: May contain ingredients that could be poisonous to animals and/or humans. Do not ingest, keep away from human and fur babies. For external use only. Sold as a curio.